October 8, 2020—Thursday, 8:45 a.m. to Noon
Davis Conference Center, Layton, Utah
- Applications must be received at the Division of Water Quality office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 11, 2020.
- This is a separate application and fee from the RWAU conference registration. Applicants may sign up for any offered wastewater exam.
November 5, 2020—Thursday, 12:45 to 4:00 p.m.
At one of the other locations in the state: Bluffdale, Ogden, Provo, Richfield, Salt Lake (DEQ), Vernal, or St. George area.
- Applications must be received at the Division of Water Quality office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 9, 2020.
- This is a separate application and fee from any training seminar registration.
- Wastewater Treatment (Grades I – IV);
- Collection (Grades I – IV);
- Small Lagoon System I exams
- Biosolids Land Applier (Grades I – II);
- Wastewater Laboratory Analyst (Grades I – IV);
- Plant Maintenance Technologist (Grades I – III)
Applications are available through the Division of Water Quality:
- Use Our Website to download the application form.
- Email email@example.com with “Exam Application Request” in subject line
- Call (801) 536-4344 to have an application form mailed to you
Applications must be received at the Division of Water Quality office by closing time on the posted deadline date. Our office is not responsible for applications still in the mail. This is a separate application and fee from any training seminar registration.
Note: No exam application forms are being mailed unless specifically requested. A confirmation postcard will be mailed approximately one week after the deadline. The exam roster will be posted on our Website under “Certification Exams—Roster” as soon as the applications are processed. Check to be certain that you are scheduled for the specific type of exam and location you requested. The 2017 version standardized treatment and collection exams now include 110 questions, which include 100 pre-determined questions to be scored, plus 10 unidentified questions being “beta tested” for future use. Time allotted for the exam is three (3) hours, in compliance with ABC’s testing recommendations. No additional time is allowed if you choose to take more than one exam during a session.
$50.00 per exam – make checks payable to the “Division of Water Quality.” (Full refund up to the deadline—after the deadline, no refunds can be given). Payments may be made using the online Payment Portal, exact cash, check, or money order.
Submit a fully completed exam application, notarized Citizenship/Alien ID Certification form with copy of photo ID (if not previously submitted), and the $50.00 per exam fee. Completed forms may be submitted by email if the fee has been paid using the online Payment Portal. (Do NOT MAIL cash).
Wastewater Operator Certification
C/O Division of Water Quality
PO Box 144870
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4870
Division of Water Quality
Multi Agency State Office Bldg, DEQ 3rd Floor
195 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
The contents of this page presented in PDF format.