March 5, 2021
- Friday, 8:45 a.m. to noon
- Dixie Center, St. George, Utah
- Applications must be received at the Division of Water Quality office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 5, 2021.
This is a separate application and fee from the RWAU conference registration.
April 29, 2021
- Thursday 8:20 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.–depending on location
- One of the other locations in the state: Use the online reservation form to select your location/time.
- Applications must be received at the Division of Water Quality office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 2, 2021.
This is a separate application and fee from any training seminar registration.
- Mandatory Program
Wastewater Treatment (Grades I-IV); Collection (Grades I-IV); Small Lagoon System I
- Voluntary Program
Biosolids Land Applier (Grades I-II); Wastewater Laboratory Analyst (Grades I-IV); Plant Maintenance Technologist (Grades I-III)
Applications are available through the Division of Water Quality:
- Use Our Website to download the application form.
- Email (email@example.com) with “Application Request” in the subject line.
- Call (801) 536-4344 to have an Application Form mailed to you.
Note: The exam rosters for each location are posted on our website under “Certification Exams”/“Rosters” as soon as the applications are processed. Check to be certain that you are scheduled for the specific type of exam and location you requested. The 2019 version standardized treatment and collection exams now include 110 questions, which include 100 pre-determined questions to be scored, plus 10 unidentified questions being “beta tested” for future use. Time allotted to take the exam is three (3) hours for either 100 or 110 question exams, in compliance with ABC’s testing recommendations. No additional time is allowed if you choose to take more than one exam
during a session.
$50.00 per exam – make checks payable to the “Division of Water Quality.” (Full refund up to the deadline —after the deadline, no refunds can be given.)
Submit a fully completed exam application, notarized Citizenship/Alien ID Certification form (25 KB) with copy of photo ID (if not previously submitted), and the $50.00/exam fee payable by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit cards (on-line payments are now available). Do NOT MAIL cash.
Wastewater Operator Certification
C/O Division of Water Quality
PO Box 144870
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4870
Division of Water Quality
Multi Agency State Office Bldg, DEQ 3rd Floor
195 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116