February 28, 2020
- Friday, 8:45 a.m. to noon
- Dixie Center, St. George, Utah
- Applications must be received at the Division of Water Quality office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 31, 2020.
This is a separate application and fee from the RWAU conference registration.
April 22, 2020—Note: Exams have been canceled. More information at a later date.
- Wednesday 12:45 – 4:00 p.m.
- One of the other locations in the state: Bluffdale, DWQ Salt Lake, Ogden, Price, St. George or Provo.
- Applications must be received at the Division of Water Quality office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 20, 2020.
This is a separate application and fee from any training seminar registration.
- Mandatory Program
Wastewater Treatment (Grades I-IV); Collection (Grades I-IV); Small Lagoon System I
- Voluntary Program
Biosolids Land Applier (Grades I-II); Wastewater Laboratory Analyst (Grades I-IV); Plant Maintenance Technologist (Grades I-III)
Applications are available through the Division of Water Quality:
- Use Our Website to download the application form.
- Email with “Application Request” in the subject line.
- Call (801) 536-4344 to have an Application Form mailed to you.
Note: The exam rosters for each location are posted on our website under “Certification Exams”—“Rosters” as soon as the applications are processed. Check to be certain that you are scheduled for the specific type of exam and location you requested. New 2017 version exams will now include 110 questions, which include 100 pre-determined questions to be scored, plus 10 unidentified questions being “beta tested” for future use. Time allotted to take the exam is three (3) hours, in compliance with ABC’s testing recommendations. No additional time is allowed if you choose to take more than one exam during a session.
$50.00 per exam – make checks payable to the “Division of Water Quality.” (Full refund up to the deadline —after the deadline, no refunds can be given.)
Submit a fully completed exam application, notarized Citizenship/Alien ID Certification form (25 KB) with copy of photo ID (if not previously submitted), and the $50.00/exam fee payable by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit cards (on-line payments are now available). Do NOT MAIL cash.
Wastewater Operator Certification
C/O Division of Water Quality
PO Box 144870
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4870
Division of Water Quality
Multi Agency State Office Bldg, DEQ 3rd Floor
195 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
The contents of this page presented in PDF format.