The 303(d) Draft Assessment Methods for the 2022 Integrated Report (IR) are currently available for review and comment. Comments will be accepted from January 20, 2021, to February 26, 2021.
The Division of Water Quality (DWQ) will review feedback at the end of the public comment period and will reach out to those who provided comments if it has additional questions. DWQ will provide a formal response to comments before finalizing the assessment methods for the 2022 Integrated Report.
Note: This will be the only opportunity to provide comments on IR Assessment Methods until the next IR reporting cycle. Any comments on assessment methods received after the close of the current comment period will be considered out of scope for the 2022 Integrated Report.
Thank you for your comments on the Draft Assessment Methods for the 2022 Integrated Report. This page will guide you through the commenting process. Before opening the Qualtrics comment form, please read the information below and submit your comments accordingly.
Fill out basic contact information before proceeding to the rest of the form.
Submissions: Public Documents
All submissions are treated as public documents and will be published on Utah’s Integrated Report webpage. Your name, without your contact information, will be published along with your submission.
Use the Table of Contents button at the bottom of each page to navigate this form. DO NOT use the browser back button.
You can save time by preparing and organizing your comments so they correspond with the sections in the Table of Contents (see below).
- Assessment Process and Time Frames
- Scope of the Assessment
- Data Quality
- Data Submission Process
- Data Preparation for Conventional and Toxic Assessments for All Waters
- Assessments Specific to Flowing Surface Waters of the State and Canals
- Assessments Specific to Lakes, Reservoirs, and Ponds
- Toxics Parameter Assessments for All Waters
- Escherichia coli Assessment for All Waters
- Pollution Indicator Assessments for All Waters
- Narrative Standards for All Waters
- Determination of Impairment: All Assessment Units
- Identifying Causes of Impairments
- Revising the 303(d) List and Other Categorical Assessments
- 303(d) Vision and TMDL Priority Development
- Revision Requests Between Cycles
- Additional Comments and Additional Submission Files
- Submit Your Comments
Many sections are divided into sub-sections, each with their own comment field. You can populate the fields in any order, and you don’t have to provide comments for all fields. Please only populate fields within sections that correspond to the subject/nature of your comment(s). The character limit for each form field is 6,650 characters (approximately 1.5 pages single-spaced, or 960 words). When referring to a web page, please provide the full URL in the comment field.
Effective comments improve water quality assessments. Follow the links below for more information.
- DEQ’s Recommendations for Making Effective Public Comments
- Tips for Submitting Effective Comments (regulations.gov) (354 KB)
We welcome additional comment files, including formal comment letters, but you must briefly explain in the “Additional Comments” section why the attachments are being included. File names should clearly represent file content. Please restrict file formats to .pdf, .doc/docx, .txt, .xls/xlsx, .ppt/pptx, .jpg, .png, and .tiff.
When you are finished with your comments, click the “Go To Submit Page” button at the bottom of the page. Be aware that you will not see a summary of your responses before submitting. However, after clicking “Submit”, you will find a link on the next page to download a PDF file of your responses.